Saturday, July 11, 2009

Heres the Scoop...

I thought a picture if Icecream would be great for this post since icecream and pregnant women go hand in hand ;)
So Scott and I have had a pretty crazy week. With my last post I had mentioned I was back on bedrest. Well its only gone down hill from there. Every Day this week we have been in the hospital with contractions and trying to get them to stop.
On Wednesday the doctor decided it was time to take my stitch out since I was already 90% Ephased and i was well on my way to ripping through my cerclage.
After they took my stitch out they sent me home on complete no moving only laying down bedrest. For the next two weeks because the doctor said he will not stop this baby from coming.

Thursday night rolled around and there we were back in the hospital with contractions that were 2 min apart. The doctor told us to head on over to the hospital. As soon as I got there they checked me and I was 100% ephased and dialted to a 1 and in the early stages of labor. Because i'm only 34 weeks and only dialted to a 1 the doctor changed his mind and told the nurse to give me a few different things to stop the labor from progressing.

So now I am home laying flat on my back taking some med. that stops my body from contracting, and just waiting for these 2 weeks to fly by. Once I hit 36 weeks then i'm free to do whatever I want. So i'm hoping that I can keep this little one inside for just a few more weeks so that it doesn't have to spend the first weeks in the NICU.

Hopefully with in the next few weeks you will be reading wethere it is a little boy or girl that we have brought into this world!!! were really excited!!

7 Happy Thoughts:

Anonymous said...

Amy hang in there I wish I could come see you!! What a whirl wind ... be careful, listen to your body and hold steady know you are in our prayers. We love you

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

oh my goodness! what craziness!! i hope he/she stays inside for as long as possible, but it also is super exciting to think you may have a baby anytime now. whoo-hoo! i can't believe you're going to be a mommy...again! you're still my little 14 y/o sister. we are sooooooooo excited for you. we'll just have to plan a trip to let our kiddos play together. in the meantime, listen to your doctor and actually stay in bed. love you!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Amy you poor thing, I was curious what had happened to you after your texts the other day. I got a bit of an update from your mom at JP's shower the other night. Amy, I know it is frustrating being on complete bed rest, but stay down, keep that baby in for another couple of weeks, it will save you so much stress if your baby doesn't have to stay in the NICU. Hang in there, we love you!

Kenzie said...

I am gonna Agree with the Previous post, Bedrest has gotta suck, But having a baby in the NICU is worse. Good luck with everything!

Lindsay said...

Oh wow - I'm so sorry! That's horrible! I'm so sorry it's been getting worse! And contractions are the WORST. The contractions were seriously the worst part of labor for me. They're terrible! Hang in there Amy! We love you!

Tyson and Capri said...

Keep that baby in as long as possible...your almost done:)

Carol said...

I know that this has been such a roller coaster ride for you. I think that you are really going to love and appreciate this little one after all you have done to get him/her here. I agree with what everyone else has said - having the baby come too early and being in NICU will be much worse than what you have had to deal with being on bedrest. The greatest gift that you can give this little one is to do what ever it takes to allow him/her to hace a great start at life. Being a mom is filled with many sacrifices for your children and you have proven through all of this that you are going to be one GREAT mom! Love you and I can't wait for the next couple of weeks to pass by so that we can all meet your sweet little baby. Hang in there!!! It won't be long!!!