Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What did the little train say again????

I THINK I CAN..... I THINK I CAN.... I THINK I CAN.....

I think they should make a book for pregnant women that goes something like that book. I went into my doctors appointment today and got sent to the hospital to get some ultrasounds and monitoring done because I was having some medium sized contractions and a little bleeding. Come to find out my cervix has gone from its steady 3.4 down to 1.9.....eek. Yes it is normal for your cervix to shorten later on during the pregnancy but at 34 weeks the cervical length should be at 2.5 NOT 1.9. I was discharged from the hospital, after they had gotten my contractions to stop, on one conditiong..........

BACK TO BED REST.....thats right back to bed rest.

Just what every free woman wants to hear right. So yes I should have listened to my sweet husband who told me just to wait 2 more weeks untill the stitch comes out to start doing things. I should have listened to my doctor who told me I could go off bed rest in 2 more weeks......So now i'm just saying I THINK I CAN.... I THINK I CAN.... I THINK I CAN stay on bed rest for 2 more weeks, while my husband says I KNEW YOU SHOULD....I KNEW YOU SHOULD...I KNEW YOU SHOULD.

One bad thing from my adventure off of bed rest is that I now can't do ANYTHING at all for the next 2 weeks because my cervix is now just so short. Before it went baby, cervix, stitch, cervix. NOW it is Baby, stitch, cervix. That means a couple different things, First: It is super uncomfortable for me when ever I have any sort of contractions/braxton hixe or even if the baby moves alot because the stitches pull and rip, and let me tell you it really hurts. Second: It is bad for my cervix, and future pregnancies, if it rips through the stitches, so if I keep contracting, which I will if I do ANYTHING, then the stitch will have to come out, which means the baby will come out, and the baby really needs 2 more weeks to cook. So I have to tell me self I THINK I CAN... I THINK I CAN... I KNOW I CAN....

I am going to say a few more things then i will end this long post.

First: Listen to your husband. He only wants the best for you, and baby in my case :). Second: Listen to your Doctor. He probably knows what hes talking about. Third: 2 weeks isnt' really that long right?!?!?!?. what is 2 weeks in comparision to 20. right?. Fourth: Listen to your Husband he really just loves you. wait did I already say that. I should have listened to you Scott. Love Love.

So I should have listened to Scott and my Doctor. but I can't lie the beach was really really fun :) and so was doing a little shopping and BBQ on the 4th. So I end saying this.

I KNOW I CAN....I KNOW I CAN....I KNOW I CAN!!

ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!

Its all for you my sweet little baby.

4 Happy Thoughts:

Mel said...

You can do it!

Lindsay said...

Oh Amy - YOU ARE A CHAMP!!! I know you can do it. I am so sorry though...that seriously just sucks. Good luck babe, hang in there! We'll keep you in our prayers!

Evaly said...

Oh, honey, it's just not fair! We'll (Kylie & I) definitely come visit. I hope it goes fast- and keep that baby in there!

Anonymous said...

You can do this, look how much you have done so far. Plus maybe this will give you some extra good rest before this little one comes out. Your in our prayers ... be still.