Monday, January 19, 2009

BaBy AcCeSsOrIeS

So I have been FREAKING out now that I am pregnant. I see all of this baby stuff and I get so excited!!! I love babies. My sister Marianne just had her little baby, and my sister Jane is maybe going into labor TODAY!! So I have been so exicted that I am expecting this little one!!! I have been so excited that I have been making all sorts of stuff!!! I got together with some of the cutest girls ever to have a sewing night!! We learned how to make burp clothes. Well because I'm so smart I bought the wrong thing and had to make shift my own kind of burp cloth. I also didn't wash it before hand and the white fabric shrinks ALOT... so we will see how it turns out. It is actually a gift for one special girl. wether she is having a boy or a girl she will get this 27 ply burp cloth.


Second we learned how to make hooded towels for babies. They were alot of fun. Luckly I did buy the right material to make these which I am so happy about. They turned out SO CUTE I can't wait to use them.

I love this monkey towel,more than the yellow towel. It took alot longer for me to make this too because I had to do some extra cutting and sewing to get the monkey on the hood. Thanks to Julieanne and Sister Kettley It turned out wonderful!!! I can't wait for our next sewing get together. We had a blast!! Plus I always love trying to make new things.

7 Happy Thoughts:

Scott and Amy said...

Isn't my wife just so amazing!!!

Amy said...

Amy you are so stinking cute!! you have turned into quite the little homemaker!!! you are gonna be the cutest little mommy!

camandholls said...

Those are super cute! Nice work Amy.

Lindsay said...

Way cute! I am impressed! And I agree - we definitely need to get together sometime! I miss you and your sisters! I hope everything is going fabulous and that you are feeling good!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Oh Amy you are just so cute! You will be such a wonderful mama... and you have mad sewing skills girl, love the creations!

Natalie Jensen said...

cute cute cute i want to learn I was given one of those towels when ellas was born and it is hands down my fav towel. love you your so cute!

Carol said...

well i thought that i already left a message here but I don't see it. So I'll leave it again. Very cute things amy. Sounds like you had a fun time. What are you going to sew next?