Monday, December 1, 2008

Christmas Stockings!

I have been loving my early Christmas present (sewing stuff). I have been like a mini Martha Stewart and it has been really fun. I have always wanted to make my own Christmas stockings so I have decied to just do it. I started making the stockings on sunday. I'm making one for Scott, Joseph and myself. Scott and Joseph's are finished but I am still working on mine. Actually I am not all the way finished with any of them because I want to put our names on each of them. Scott's is first, his is green with red, mine is red with green, and Josephs is red snowflakes. I think his turned out the best. I am not as pleased with how Scott's or mine turned out. I want them all to be perfect just like Joseph's.This one is Joseph's! I am very pleased at how it turned out. To me it looks like one you could have bought at the store. Nothing less then perfect for my little angel.


This is Scott's. I think it turned out really well but I am going to redo it only because I think it can be better but not to shaby for my fist one. I had a picture of mine up but it got deleted. I'm going to redo it anyways so i will post a picture of it redone!!!

This has been way fun. I am now a total fan of sewing!! Who would have ever guessed and it is really easy. I have never really done any sewing before. I have only made one other thing a queen size quilt for my cute niece Claire for a young womens project. Anyways I feel really proud I actally made something that looks really good on a sewing machine!! Yeah I love Christmas and making stuff!! MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

2 Happy Thoughts:

Unknown said...

But of course Joseph's would be perfect! You're too cute Amy!

Carol said...

Good job Amy. I am so proud of you. What a fun thing to do to get you in the holiday spirit. I always wanted to make stockings for my family when they were all little and I never did it. Maybe someday I'll follow your example and just get it done. Love you!