Monday, November 17, 2008

Grandmas are the greatest!!!

This weekend was so much fun!!! After Scott took me to see Wicked (see the post before this one) we went to Utah to see my Grandma. She was just diagnosed with a very aggressive brain tumor and might not live to much longer, but who knows miracles happen. It was so much fun to see grandma and talk to her she is really so amazing. It was sad because by the time we got there and were able to get to grandmas house she had already gone to bed and Scott had an early morning flight the next morning back to Newport. So he was not able to see her but I was able to stay for a few more days.

Months ago when I got married Grandma was so cute and came up with a couple of my aunts to my wedding in rexburg idaho in the Rexburg Idaho Temple.

On the way up they stopped to eat at one of mine and Scott's restaurants Craigos Pizza in Pocatello Idaho. We had just opened that location a few days prior. Grandma calls it Grekos for some reason, ha ha. Well anyways she really liked the food as most smart intelligent people do.
So back to the story. When I showed up at grandmas house she said, "Amy where is my Grekos?" and I laughed and said well i guess I will have to special deliver you some, and we both laughed and kept talking, after all Pocatello is like 3 hours away. After I left grandmas house I text Scott and said grandma really wants some Craigos Pizza. About twenty minutes later Scott(in Newport Beach California) with his way of doing thing called me and said he had pulled a few strings with a shuttle company In Idaho. There is a shuttle service that takes people to and from areas in Idaho and Utah. I guess he offered to feed everyone on of the shuttle if they would deliver some pizzas from Pocatello Idaho to Utah. Needless to say pizza from Grekos (AKA Craigos) would be delivered to Grandmas the next day at 2:00. I called Grandma up and asked her what her favorite pizza was and said delisious Grekos pizza is on its way, she was so excited!!! My flight was supposed to leave early in the morning before the pizza was delivered. Scott switched my flight so I could pick up the pizza and enjoy a special delivery dinner with my Grandma. The cool thing is it was still hot when we got it. It was so much fun. I am seriously so glad that Scott did that for me and Grandma. It was so nice to just be with her. My sister Jane and I were there for almost 2 hours eating amazingly good Grekos (AKA Craigos) Pizza and talking. We would have stayed longer but I had to leave to make my flight.
I have such a cool family and I love that I married Scott. I love how he takes care of me so well and makes sure I build memories with family. I am kinda jealous of Grandma because she will see and take care of my little Joseph while he is away from us. I know, what a dumb thing to be jealous of right. but at least I know Joseph is in good company with Grandma Kiser, Grandpa Driggs and soon Grandma Driggs. I love family and I love the gospel. It is so comforting knowing those we loose are up there waiting for us.

7 Happy Thoughts:

Carol said...

I love that story. I'm so glad that scott was able to do that for your grandma and i'm glad that you got to spend some good quality time with her. I'm praying for a miracle for her.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

huge kudos to scott for winning husband of the year award! that was such a sweet thing you did. i wish we could go and say goodbye to grandma. so sad (but happy at the same time, ya know?) i'm so jealous you guys got craigos. any chance that courier service makes calls to japan? yummy!

Unknown said...

Your husband is so wonderful to do that for your grandma! I've got to meet this fellow someday.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

Holy Cow Scott, that really makes us normal husbands look bad. Foresure husband of the year!
BTW neither of you two responded to my secret email about what to get you two. You know Melissa and I have you.
Rob

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Amy - what the Scott?!? I agree with Melissa, definitely husband of the year! I am reading your post out loud to Spence saying "who is this guy, he is the coolest husband in the world!" Oops, probably shouldn't say that in front of your hubby! For reals though, that story was so dang sweet. So Spence and I have yet to meet your hubby. Now that you went and saw grandma this weekend does that mean you are going to come with us to Grand Canyon/Sedona over Thanksgiving (I hope), or are you guys heading back to SLC? Oh and I loved what you said about little Joseph, I am sure that is so comforting to know that you have your sweet grandparents watching over him.

We Joneses said...

wow, that is such a sweet, sweet story!!

The Wilkes said...

We had our pictures taken at Myrtle Beach, SC...the family picture turned out great considering it was taking by a guy walking by! We're not going to Wicked in CA...thanks for the wonderful invite to stay with you guys though! That was so nice! We're seeing it Louisville...it's the traveling Broadway show. I'll let you know what I think in Jan!