Thursday, September 25, 2008

Do things ever get better???

So it has been 7 weeks and 3 days since Scott and I have been home from the hospital and life is harder than I ever could have imagened. Every day I wake up, get ready, and get on with life and my heart is just broken. I just want to be pregnant and have a baby that would be 27 weeks and 3 days old. i am tired of not feeling my baby in my tummy, i'm tired of having all this baby fat and no baby to show for it, i'm tired of strech marks and no baby to show for it. all i have is a grave sight to go to and put flowers on. I am totally mad at the world and i don't understand why this had to happen to Scott and I. I was so excited to be having a little boy, and now finding out that my two sisters are also having boys would have made it so much fun, they would have been the 3 amiogos! But for some reason that i don't know why there will just be the two of them. I am having a hard time with alot of things, its hard to sit in primary and watch all the little kids because i know that i wont ever get to see Joseph in there singing his articles of faith and preparing for the primary program, I have a hard time seeing so many pregnant women walking around with out a care in the world, its hard to see moms with new babies, because i only got to have my new baby for a couple of hours. I don't understand why this had to happen to us and now I am so scared to have a baby. I can't lose another one, I can't go through all of this again. All I want right now is to kiss my baby every day and it kills me to know that i wont be able to kiss him any more. I want to change his stinky little diapers. There are so many things I want to do with Joseph that I will just have to wait to do with him.

I am not sure that I am ready for this i'm not ready to deal with losing my baby I really miss my little boy. I really want to be a mom to my son right now I have such a longing to be a mom and to take care of my son. This is so hard. But I do feel very proud to be a mom to my sweet angel he did so much for Scott and I, he came for this short time on earth to bring bring Scott and I so close together and to help grow our testomonies. The other night Scott and I decided to go to the temple and while i was there I had this overwhelming love wrapped around my body and I knew that Joseph was there giving me a big hug and letting me now that he was safe and having so much fun. I can't explain how greatful I am for the temple and for the gospel. Lately I have felt so alone but as soon as I walked into the temple I knew that joseph was there and heavenly father was there and I know that they were both letting me know how much they love me. I really miss my baby Joseph and I have had a hard time accepting the fact that I can't raise him right now. It feels like so many things have happened lately and as things are slowing down reality is setting in and it is harder than ever. but I am greatful for my sweet husband who is handeling the stress of everything that has happened so well. Scott your amazing and I love you so much. I just want everyone to know that Joseph was a perfect baby and he was not a miscarriage. He was a perfect little baby and everything was developed, everything was just very small. If I didn't have a weak cervix then he would have been born to us in december as the perfect baby, but because i can't support a child over 10 oz my body had to deliver him. I felt Joseph movine inside me just an hour before he was born and i fell asleep feeling my baby moving. I all of the sudden woke up to the worst contractions and Joseph was born but had passed away just before he was born. I know that i have a perfect baby, who my have been a still born but his sweet spirit was in the hospital room with us. I love my baby and I love my husband, and there is no way I could get through this without Scott. babe your amazing.

9 Happy Thoughts:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Amy - I don't know why you guys had to go through that. I can't imagine the pain you are in right now, and all the reminders you have around you every day to remind you of sweet Joseph. It stinks. I don't know what I can say to make you feel any better, but I just want you to know that I love you cute girl. If you ever need a friend to talk to or vent to - I am here for you. xoxoxo katie

dust and kam said...

Amy - My heart breaks for you. I'm sorry your heart is hurting so much right now. I don't know if it ever gets easier. I miss my sweet baby everyday.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I hope and pray the Spirit comforts you.

Much Love.

(I came across your blog and left a comment about a month or so ago - just incase you are wondering who in the world I am.)

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

We love you Amy and Scott. All those reminders make getting past this so difficult. There must be something to learn. Thinking of you !!! Melissa says I should put Thinking of you.......
So there you have it !!! & ...
We love you and miss being so close.
Rob & Melis

Lisa Jarvie said...

Amy, I'm sorry you are down right now, please have faith that these feelings are normal and even beneficial in the healing and grieving process. You may get some comfort by reading Section 58 of the Doctrine and Covenants, where tribulation is talked about. Also, follow the link on my blog to "A Daily Scoop" and start reading. This woman lost a child a few months ago and I think her writing may comfort you. Hang in there---we love you and Scott so much--you will get through this just fine, we know you will. Be patient, it will take a little time and have it's ups and downs. Have faith in a bright future and don't worry about the future--it is in Heavenly Father's hands and He does ALL things for your good. We have come to learn this for ourselves....you will too, trust me. We love you--call us any time....

Jeff said...

Amy, please know your body was a means, not a cause. Joseph needed a body, but Heavenly Father needed him back. He simply used your body as a way to provide Joseph with what he needed while being able to quickly take him back to do the work he was being called to do. I know Joseph loves you and Scott very much, and I know it must hurt so much to miss him. But never blame yourself, and don't forget that Joseph is waiting for you in Heaven. I love you and I pray for you constantly.

Sam and Rachelle said...

Amy, I am so sorry. I can't begin to imagine the pain this trial brings you. I do know that this trial is something that heavenly father knew that you could handle. I find it really inspiring that you are worthy in heavenly fathers eyes to be a mother to someone as wonderful as Joseph, that all he needed was a body. What a blessing in disguise this really is. I am so inspired by you and just reading your blog strengthens my testimony. You are truly blessed to have such a strong child and a life long angel to watch over your family.

Cali Hinckley said...

Hey my sweet Amy Jo! :) Let me tell you something that took me a while to come to terms with. Joseph LOVES you more then anything or anyone can imagine. You provided him with a body- he was so completely perfect and that was all he needed. Amy, you helped him do something that he could not have done without you- and I'm sure he felt honored to have you as his mommy. He is absolutely beautiful in ever single way. You should be very proud of such a cute little stud.
Scott,
It sounds like you are taking great care of Amy- remember that she not only is going through a hard time but the hormones are taking over!! :) It took my husband some time to realize that. ;)
There is not a day that goes by that i don't think about the two of you. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you ok? I love you guys!!
Oh P.S. Amy- do you feel comfortable emailing me your address? I have something for you...it's calimaughan@gmail.com thanks!

Natalie Jensen said...

Amy I love you! I pray for you everyday I don't know what more to tell you then that I love you and think of you everyday. I am so glad that you were able to find some peace in the temple wish I were there to give you a big hug but I'll just have to send it.... K did you get it sweet. love you

We Joneses said...

oh, Amy. I wish I could give you a big hug right now. Just know I love you and I'm saying a prayer for you.