Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Amys Surgery Update

Ok Amy's surgery was today. We have been getting lots of calls asking how it went. Well we have come across a few little complications. I just ran home to get some stuff and am just about to head back to the hospital to be with Amy. I am going to make this a fast blog. But this way you all aren't wondering why we haven't called you back yet. We showed up at 10:30 am and the surgery was scheduled for about 12. During the surgery she started feeling everything they were doing and that wasn't good. They had to stop, remove all the surgical stuff and redo the spinal tap. The anesthesiologist said that in his entire career of over 25 years he has never had to do a spinal tap twice. So that was weird. We were told that the recovery is usually about 2 to 3 hours even with two spinal taps and that she wouldn't have any real pain because of the surgery. Well 6 hours after the surgery she had still not regained movement of her lower body and she was experiencing some major pain and contractions. On a pain scale of 1 to 10 she was saying it was a 7 to 8. The pain seems to be getting worse also. We thought we would be home by 3 or 4 at the latest today. We are now spending the night at the hospital. We are hoping the pain and any contractions slow down and stop. If things go the way we hope they do then we will probably be home before noon tomorrow. Thank you for your prayers and calls.

13 Happy Thoughts:

Jennifer P. said...

praying for you guys. praying,praying, praying.

thanks for the update Scott.

The Terry's said...

I hope all goes well. We are praying for you and hope for the best. You are a tough girl!

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

could things get any more complicated for you guys? you're in our thoughts and prayers. hang in there!--Rob and Melis

Let the Good Times Roll said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that Amy and Scott. We will keep you guys in our prayers, and we hope you are feeling better today. Post another update if you can Scott.

Amy said...

oh I hope everything is okay! I'm praying for you!

Lindsay said...

Oh, good luck! I hope everything is okay and that Amy feels better soon! We love you!

Carol said...

I put this on my blog too so more people will be praying for you guys. Love you - keep me posted.

Fluffy Momma said...

praying for you and your little family! i hope all goes well!

Marianne said...

Love you Amy!!! Hope that you guys are home by now and everything is ok!! Greg and I are praying for you!!!

Unknown said...

Love you Amy. You're in our prayers.

April said...

Praying so hard for you. I hope by now things are good. Hang in there.

Beth said...

We hope everything went well. It sounds like your were the best patients ever! I'm sure your nurses loved you. It so much help when family members help out too. I love it when that happens.

Melanie M. McKinnon said...

you don't know me, but i'm also the mother of an angel baby. i just wanted you both to know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. good luck. :)