Monday, December 15, 2008

Creativity gone astray

For Christmas I decided that I would make stocking for everyone in my family, I talked all about them in an earlier post. One for Scott, Amy, Joseph, and Billy. Being the creative person that I am, ok I'm actually not creative at all but I do like to try, I decided to make billy a special bone stocking, seeing that he is a dog and dogs don't wear stockings. I thought making a bone would be much more suitable. I also wanted his to be a little bit different from the rest of the families since he is the dog.

I sat for hours sketching out the bone, made sure I sewed it straight, I also tried to make it look more crafty by sewing half of it white.
I finally finished after about an hour and a half of sketching, cutting, pinning, bleeding, and sewing. I was so excited and yelled down to Scott who was working to come up stairs and check out Billys stocking..... "It looks like a baby outfit." those were the first words out of his mouth . ARE YOU SERIOUS!!
Front:


what do you think it looks like? A cute baby outfit? Ugly baby outfit? Bone? Fabric sewn together creating...who knows what?

Back:I will have to say I agree with Scott on this one it looks like a baby outfit especially the back. So maybe my creativity wasn't at par this time but who knows what the future may bring :)

This stocking will now become a fun toy for billy to play with and destroy. As for myself I am going to sew him a regular stocking that will match everyone elses, even though he is a dog and doesn't wear stockings. Merry Christmas

7 Happy Thoughts:

Carol said...

Well I think it is cute and so creative. But if you use your imagination it kinda looks like a little girl with really white legs wearing a cute red leotard. Except for she doesn't have a head. Oh well. . . Good try Amy - I'm proud of you for trying so hard. It is a perfectly perfect dog toy now for Billy. How lucky can a dog be? I can't wait to see it in person - only 6 more days!!! Yippee!!!!

Marianne said...

i love it!!

Carol said...

You know what Amy? The more I look at your dog bone stocking. . . I love it!! And I am so impressed with you that you could figure it all out. . . how to cut it and sew it, etc. Good job. Love you.

Carol said...

Now Amy . . . I would never try to butter you up to get a nice gift. But now that you mention it . . .

Just being with you guys at Christmas is all I need. :)

Rosie said...

hahaha that is the coolest christmas stocking I have EVER seen. period.

Sam and Rachelle said...

he-he!! It was such a cute idea, but I do have to agree that it does look a bit like a newbie outfit. You would be able to correct it if you maybe added some white throughout the bone - maybe snowflakes just to break up the white top and red bottoms. Your stockings turned out great though. I want to make a basketball shoe stocking for Sam, but the idea is easier than actually doing it! Guess the only way to learn is by getting in and doing it!!

Amy said...

HA HA HA HA ah man Amy I love you this is so funny!!!! your killing me over here!! Billy is a lucky dog to have a sort of bone stocking! your sewing is looking pretty good!