Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My life after the baby.

So I have realized that life is crazy after having a baby, but not in the normal way obviously. So I have come to the realization that my life is a total rollercoaster!!! some times i have the most amazing highs and some of the most horrible lows, it is very crazy but totally normal. Today is a wonderful day!! I have been thinking about Joseph alot and going through pictures and remembering what a wonderful son he was. I have such a wonderful son and I am so greatful for how close he brought Scott and I together, and because of Joseph, Scott and I have now realized how important it is to have a family. I am really glad that Joseph was our little suprise honeymoon baby, if he wouldn't have come and if we would have followed our plan and waited 3 or 4 years to start our family we wouldn't have found out about my condition and it would have set us back in having children to raise that much longer. I am just so greatful for everything that has happened. Of course I wish that I was still pregnant but I am happy to know that I will be able to raise Joseph and that is really comforting.

One thing that I think is so awesome is seeing how much kids look like their parents. When Joseph was born the first thing that Scott and I noticed was that Joseph has my hands, my wrinkly grandma hands, and he has Scotts most handsome nose, my lips, and i wasn't quite sure whos ears he had. It was so much fun to see what Scott and I had created. I love my son and I am so greatful to be his mom. I am also excited to try again to have another little one, I am really greatful for doctors and insurance and all of this advanced med. with out it I wouldn't be able to have kids at all.

I love Joseph and I feel so proud to be his mom. I am so great ful that when we do have more kids to raise that they will have an older brother who will always be watching over them. Its nice to know that we have our little angle watching over us all the time. Joseph wasn't with us for very long but he has changed our lives dramatically and I know that he has changed lives of many other people. I Just am feeling so proud right now and I am always so proud to be a mom and to have such an amazing and such a perfect son. I know that life is never going to be easy and I know that a part of my heart will always be broken because so much of me was taken but for this moment in time I am greatful that I am having this positive outlook on everything. Who knows what tomorrow will bring but I don't even care about tomorrow because today is great and I have a great husband, a great son, I know that the gospel is true and that throught the attoinment we can all be healed. I am so greatful for Joseph, I miss him alot but I am so proud of him. Being a mom is one of the most amazing things that could have happened to me and as being a mom I am very proud of my son! I have a perfect child that i totally love so much. I hope everyone has a great day.

10 Happy Thoughts:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Amy, we love you. Thanks for your example and testimony. You are incredible!

Natalie Jensen said...

sure love you girl your such an amazing example to us all thank you. love you think of you always!

Sha nay nay said...

I'm sorry I never said anything before now, but I have been reading your blog and was sorry to hear of your loss. I wasn't very far along with my first pregnancy when I miscarried. Only 6 or 7 weeks, but we still knew that we were pregnant. Anyway, a long time passed before I was able to get pregnant with Anna and we were in this old, cold house that we couldn't afford to heat. I was working on a project on the floor and I remember looking up at the calendar, January 06, and I realized that had I actually gone full term and had a baby, we would have been in this house, with no heat and no money. I was very grateful for God's plan. I realized that day that it was all in His time. By the time I had Anna, we had a much more suitable roof over our heads and a small, but steady income that we could count on, among many other things. Obviously, you're in a different situation than we were, but I really felt like sharing that with you. If you and Scott need anything, he has our number, please don't hesitate to call. We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Amys I love you and hurray for good days!!!

kathryn said...

you are one sexy mama!!! i love you sista. bumbed you can't come up this weekend. we're counting down days until we see you again. billy's cute. adde misses him. xoxo you have a heart of gold. and you are a great mom.

Marianne said...

Just wanted to let you know that I love you and I am SOOOO happy that you are having a good day. Hope the good ones outweigh the bad ones from here on out! xoxoxox mar

Carol said...

Glad to hear a smile in your blog. I agree with Marianne that I hope the good days outweigh the bad. You are a great example to me and I love you tons. I love you too Scotty!! Love Momma G

The Brown Team said...

Amy you are an example to all of us to live in the day and to cherish all that we have thanks for your testimony and love for being a mom.

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

love ya!
Rob

Anonymous said...

I think I found your blog through Scott's Facebook page. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me reading your blog. I know it's very personal to you. I just want to thank you for sharing what you've gone through. I just went through a miscarriage and it's the toughest thing I've ever had happen. It's so good to know that we do have the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation here on the earth to help us through. I'm so glad Scott married such a beautiful and spiritual woman. I wish you both the best and good luck with this pregnancy. you'll be in my thoughts and prayers.