Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Dad is ok!

So this weekend was another scary one. My dad "Joe Gneiting" got really sick and ended up in the hospital early Saturday morning. I got a phone call from my mom at about 4 a.m. after hearing what the situation was I got on the next plane to Utah. My parents were down in Utah to see a BYU football game. We thought he had a stoke in the hotel room that night. After lots of tests and a night in the hospital the doctors thankfully ruled out a stroke. Its been a few days and he seems to be doing very well. We are so thankful that he is OK. What a wake up call.

Our family has never had anything bad happen to it. We think that we have now filled our quota for a long time. ha ha.

To celebrate the beginning of good luck Amy and I are going to the Beachcomber in Crystal Cove for dinner!!

6 Happy Thoughts:

Gooch Family said...

Wow what's next?! Glad to hear he is doing ok!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Gosh that is scary, glad to hear he is ok.

Is the beachcomber in Newport right down on the sand? I think Spence and I went there and they have the most amazing hamburgers!

Carol said...

Thank you Scott and Amy for all you do for me and dad but especially recently. I don't know what I would have done without you and your strength and support. I hope you guys are doing ok and handling all of the stress that we have experienced this summer. Love you so much. Mom G.

Natalie Jensen said...

i am so glad to hear that things are ok! yoru still in our prayers and I think you've had your fair share for quite some time!!!! sure love you guys.

Leanna said...

Hey Scott! I am so glad I stumbled on your blog after doing some blog hopping. (Hope you don't mind!) I am glad to see that your dad is okay, and I am especially glad to see you and your cute wife so happy together. You deserve it! We're actually expecting a little girl any day now. (due date is this Saturday. Yikes!) We're so excited! You'll have to check out our blog for pictures whenever she decides to come. =D

The Durr's said...

Love you guys! Hope everything is going great!