Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dinner anyone?

So I decided that I would be an awesome wife to my amazing husband and make him dinner!!! parmasan chicken is one of his favorite meals that i make so I got everything ready and dinner was going to be done around 5 o clock right when Scott would be home from work. I preheated the oven to 350 degrees and was ready to cook the chicken. Just a side note, We had some people over jack hammering our floor in our bathroom, that is another story for another day. So as these guys were jack hammering about i started smelling smoke but i just thought it was the jack hammer so i didn't think anything of it. Well all of the sudden i walked into the kitchen to put the chicken into the oven, and the oven was on FIRE!!! yes fire. I started feaking out and din't know what to do i thought i was going to burn the house down. I hurried and called scott and told him what was happening. He told me to turn the oven off and just let it burn out. so I hurried and turned off the oven and waited for the fire to go out. All this time I was thinking how is the oven on fire? Well when the fire finally burned out I found the culpret.... earlier that day I had put our little dog Billys Food container and placematt in the oven becuse i never use the oven and i didn't want to put the dirty dog stuff on the table. Of course i forgot they were in there and i cooked them, and it turned into a plastic mess. I still wanted to have dinner ready for Scott when he got home from work so I rushed to a fast food place and got take out, so our beautiful home made dinner turned out to a funny take out dinner. my advise to eveyone is to NOT put anything in your oven that you don't want to cook!







7 Happy Thoughts:

camandholls said...

hahahaha! that is so funny! I have to say I haven't ever burned a dog placematt or food container,but i do tend to burn dinner ALOT. And maybe I also tend to scrape the burnt stuff off the food..and then add a little cheese to mask the taste and cover up the evidence and walla... Cam doesn't know what hit him. Poor Cam!!! I am glad you caught the fire before your whole kitchen was in flames.

Carol said...

I love this story. It is so funny. Poor Billy though - now he has no dog food container or placematt. I bet he didn't think it was funny. :)

Melissa (Catlin) Kiser said...

you are so stinkin' funny. you are you're mother's daughter. this cracks me up!

Let the Good Times Roll said...

This has got to be one of the funniest things i've read in a while! You are so stinkin cute amy!

Amy said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA (breath) HA HA HA AMY that is so funny!!! you so would do that!!

Natalie Jensen said...

that is so something granma kiser would have done! i have a great new recipie i tried last week it doesn't even require the oven call me ill give it to ya love ya- way to be such a good wife.

We Joneses said...

HAHAHA! Man, reading this made me so happy. Thank heaven for take out.