Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What we are doing now

Wedding plans have just about taken us to an early grave. Well people keep asking what in the world we are doing in Newport Beach California of all places. We met here a year and a half ago. You can read more about that in a later blog. But currently we enjoy the weather and when we are not doing that Scott works for a forensic accounting firm called Hagen, Streiff, Newton, Oshiro (HSNO). He really loves it. The work is different and interesting. The firm is on of the top forensic firms and is headquartered in Newport Beach with offices throughout the country. Scott is in the Newport Beach office. Forensic accounting is not your typical accounting. They do cool stuff involving corporate fraud, large business losses due to fire and natural disasters, etc. He gets to travel a little and see really cool stuff. Like his last trip to him to help value the loss of a rocket used to take satellites to space. It had a problem during testing and blew up. He loves it his work and is learning a lot.

As for myself, I work for Scott oddly enough. Scott started a pest control company years ago when in college and still owns it. I am the office manager and handle the day to day stuff while Scott is at work. He has trained me to handle just about everything. It’s a good size company. I have never done this kind of work before but Scott says I’m a natural at running an office. I really enjoy it. From time to time I have to jump in my cute pest control truck and go service homes when technicians are not able to for whatever reason. Its good to get out and get some fresh air. Scott has the company set up so I can access the office network right from my truck its sweet. As time goes on I will be able to run this company right from our home.

8 Happy Thoughts:

Gooch Family said...

Hey Scott! This is your cousin Heather. Your mom gave me your blog and I see you are getting married - congrats! Being married is a blast! Good luck with everything and hope you are doing well.

Romney Family said...

Wow!! you guys sound like two very busy people but it sounds like you are both really happy. Oh and thanks for the wedding announcement!!! I am so excited for you two!!

Carol said...

I'm loving your blog. Isn't it a fun way to keep in touch? Guess what? You guys are getting married soon. We are so excited for you. See you in a few days. Love, Mom G.

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Amy - - - We just got your wedding invitation in the mail yesterday, it was adorable. I love your picture! I was happy to see you guys have started a blog. It is such a fun way to keep in touch! Good luck with all of the wedding plans and everything - we will not be able to make it since we now live in AZ and Spence will be in the midst of midterms, but I hope everything goes amazing, as I am sure it will. Marriage is the best, and you and Scott are such a darling couple! Hope to see you sometime soon. Feel free to check out our blog - www.spencerandkatietaggart.blogspot.com
Katie

dna said...

glad i finally found your blog. best of luck with the wedding next week!-- by the way, this is adrianne

The Brown Team said...

Amy- YOu are such a doll I saw your blog on Katie's I flipped though your fun slid show pics and you look like Natalie in a few pics. all you kiser girls are such dolls...tinny, beautiful and full of Life. I love it. I also am so excited for you I got to know Scott at new port a little and you guys will love marriage. Good Luck and sorry I won't be at your big day. Love your cuz Kell

Sha nay nay said...

Congrats guys! careytimes.blogspot.com

Natalie Jensen said...

Congrats guys sure love ya. have fun on your honey moon. thanks for teh comment scott you rock! keep us posted cant wait for teh cruise!